LRC Mission Statement
- To maintain a Standard that will preserve the character and breed type of the Labrador Retriever.
- To preserve the Labrador Retriever as a working retriever and promote its multipurpose function.
- To conduct national specialty shows, field trials, hunting tests, and companion dog events under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
- To provide educational programs that promote the health and training of the Labrador Retriever, and responsible ownership and breeding practices.
- To identify the diseases and hereditary defects of concern to the breed, and to contribute to research and health programs that will benefit Labrador Retrievers.
- To support the American Kennel Club as the primary purebred registry of the Labrador Retriever by encouraging breeders and owners to complete AKC registrations and to participate in AKC approved events.
- To support legislative efforts that will ensure the continuation of a purebred dog registry.
- To collect and preserve the history of the Labrador Retriever in the United States.
- To support AKC licensed regional Labrador Retriever clubs by encouraging membership in these clubs, and to endorse their sponsorship of AKC specialties, hunt tests and companion dog events.
- To support Labrador Retriever rescue organizations in a declared disaster with relief funds.
- To maintain programs that educate and encourage Junior Handler participation in AKC events.
- To encourage all Labrador Retriever breeders and owners to conduct themselves in an ethical and sportsmanlike manner, keeping in mind that their behavior reflects not only on themselves, but on the breed.